Charitable Lead Trusts
Protect Your Assets
You can benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting National University without giving up the assets that you’d like your family to receive someday with a donation in the form of a charitable lead trust.
There are two ways that charitable lead trusts make payments to NU:
- A charitable lead annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year to NU and is more attractive when interest rates are low.
- A charitable lead unitrust pays a variable amount each year based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust’s assets go up in value, for example, the payments to NU go up as well.
There are many options for giving to National University, and we can help you decide which method works best for your particular needs:
- Contact the Development Office at (858) 642-8807 or firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about supporting NU.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include NU in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: National University
Address: 11255 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-7172306