Charitable Remainder Trust

Giving Back and Getting Income

If you are looking for ways to receive reliable payments from your sizable estate, consider a charitable remainder trust. When the trust term ends, the balance in the trust goes to National University, giving us the funds we need to support adult learners.

A charitable remainder trust can provide not only tax benefits, but also the option for income. There are two methods to choose from:

  1. You are paid by the annuity every year, whatever amount you’ve chosen in the beginning. Your payments stay the same, regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.
  2. You are paid by the unitrust in a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. Each year you are able to re-determine your payment amount. If the value of the trust increases, so do your payments. If the value decreases, however, so will your payment.

Next Steps

There are many options for giving to National University, and we can help you decide which method works best for your particular needs:

  1. Contact the Development Office at (858) 642-8807 or to talk about supporting NU.
  2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
  3. If you include NU in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.

Legal Name: National University
Address: 11255 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-7172306