Make a Tax-Free Gift With an IRA
A Tax-Saving Way to Help National University
If you are older than 70½, you have the opportunity to take advantage of an easy way to benefit National University, while still receiving tax benefits. You can give a maximum of $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified institution such as NU — without paying any income tax on the money. This law no longer has an expiration date, so you are free to make annual gifts to NU not just this year, but well into the future.
Reasons to Make a Tax-Free Gift
- Your donation will immediately put to use, which allows you to see the difference your donation is making in real time.
- As mentioned above, you do not have to pay income tax on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you haven’t yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
There are many options for giving to National University, and we can help you decide which method works best for your particular needs:
- Contact the Development Office at (858) 642-8807 or firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about supporting NU.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include NU in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: National University
Address: 11255 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-7172306